The effect of service quality towards customer satisfaction at PT Belawan Indah in Medan

Simon, Marison (2019) The effect of service quality towards customer satisfaction at PT Belawan Indah in Medan. Bachelor thesis, Universitas Pelita Harapan.

[img] Text (Title)
Title.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (2MB)
[img]
Preview
Text (Abstract)
Abstract.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (192kB) | Preview
[img] Text (ToC)
ToC.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB)
[img]
Preview
Text (Chapter1)
Chapter1.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (771kB) | Preview
[img] Text (Chapter2)
Chapter2.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (3MB)
[img] Text (Chapter3)
Chapter3.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB)
[img] Text (Chapter4)
Chapter4.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (3MB)
[img] Text (Chapter5)
Chapter5.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (302kB)
[img]
Preview
Text (Bibliography)
Bibliography.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (411kB) | Preview
[img] Text (Appendices)
Appendices.pdf
Restricted to Repository staff only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (2MB)

Abstract

Interaction can be built by providing unique or different services to customer. Customer service that the company builds should be able to communicate with customers, so that the customers know about their whereabouts. With a good communication, the company might not only know what the customers needs are, but also get some feedback from the customer. Thus, the company must create quality service to survive from the competition against their competitor. The purpose of this research is to know whether service quality has an effect towards customer satisfaction at Belawan Indah Medan. The research designs used in this research are descriptive research design and correlational research design. Research methods used are descriptive statistical analysis, validity and reliability test, normality test, coefficient correlation, coefficient of determinant, simple linear regression analysis and Z testing. The population and sample are 72 people. The result of this research is that there is a positive effect between service quality and customer satisfaction at Belawan Indah Medan. From Z test, it can be found that Z count > Z table (4,247 > 1,96) so that Ho is rejected and Ha is accepted which means that the service quality has an effect on customer satisfaction at PT Belawan Indah In Medan. Based on the results of the Determination Coefficient test, it obtained the value of R square of 25.4% which means the magnitude of the influence of the service quality towards customer satisfaction that 25.4% while the remaining 74.6% is influenced by other variables. The magnitude of the correlation coefficient is 0.504 and it is positive. This value indicates positive and strong influences between the service quality and customer satisfaction. Based on the results of the study, it can be concluded that the service quality has a strong and significant effect on the positive direction of customer satisfaction. The implications of the results of this study which are expected is that company can increase service quality so that customer satisfaction can increase.

Item Type: Thesis (Bachelor)
Creators:
CreatorsNIMEmail
Simon, MarisonNIM1501020513s00000018097@student.uph.edu
Contributors:
ContributionContributorsNIDN/NIDKEmail
Thesis advisorAlimin, ErinaNIDN0103097202erina.alimin@lecturer.uph.edu
Uncontrolled Keywords: service; quality; customer satisfaction
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor
H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor > HD28 Management. Industrial Management
Divisions: University Subject > Current > Faculty/School - UPH Medan > Business School > Management
Current > Faculty/School - UPH Medan > Business School > Management
Depositing User: yousi saragih
Date Deposited: 22 Jun 2021 09:48
Last Modified: 14 Jan 2022 08:51
URI: http://repository.uph.edu/id/eprint/36770

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item