The effects of product design on customer's purchase decision at UD. Subur Rezeki Meubel, Medan

Tanadi, Wylie Varian (2019) The effects of product design on customer's purchase decision at UD. Subur Rezeki Meubel, Medan. Bachelor thesis, Universitas Pelita Harapan.

[img] Text (Title)
Title.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB)
[img]
Preview
Text (Abstract)
Abstract.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (435kB) | Preview
[img] Text (ToC)
ToC.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB)
[img]
Preview
Text (Chapter1)
Chapter1.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (973kB) | Preview
[img] Text (Chapter2)
Chapter2.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB)
[img] Text (Chapter3)
Chapter3.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB)
[img] Text (Chapter4)
Chapter4.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (2MB)
[img] Text (Chapter5)
Chapter5.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (537kB)
[img]
Preview
Text (Bibliography)
Bibliography.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (372kB) | Preview
[img] Text (Appendices)
Appendices.pdf
Restricted to Repository staff only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (2MB)

Abstract

UD. Subur Rezeki Meubel is a company engaged in furniture business and the products are produced from pure teak wood. The phenomenon in the company is the decline on sales from year to year. The decrease is allegedly caused by product design that is not optimal due to frequent complaints from customers regarding furniture product design. The purpose of this research is to identify whether it is true that product design has effects on purchase decision. Product design is a key factor in determining global marketing success. While, customers’ purchase decision is the reasoning procedure that drives a customer from recognizing a need, creating choices, and picking a particular item and brand. The research method used are quantitative, descriptive and causal approach through questionnaires to 53 customers, which is obtained by using census sampling. The data is analyzed by descriptive statistics, validity test, reliability test, normality test, linearity test, correlation test, determination test, linear regression and z-test. Based on the results of hypothesis testing, it can be seen that the product design affects customers’ purchase decision at UD. Subur Rezeki Meubel. It is known based on the calculation of the coefficient of determination that the influence of product design is 63.4% while the remaining 36.6% is influenced by variables or factors outside the research variables. In this research, alternative hypothesis is accepted. To increase sales, UD. Subur Rezeki Meubel can offer custom design and size. Moreover, they need to do researches to offer new products to customers.

Item Type: Thesis (Bachelor)
Creators:
CreatorsNIMEmail
Tanadi, Wylie VarianNIM1501020302s00000017023@student.uph.edu
Contributors:
ContributionContributorsNIDN/NIDKEmail
Thesis advisorEddy, EddyNIDN0110018704eddy.mdn@lecturer.uph.edu
Uncontrolled Keywords: family business; product design; customers’ purchase decision
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor
H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor > HD28 Management. Industrial Management
Divisions: University Subject > Current > Faculty/School - UPH Medan > Business School > Management
Current > Faculty/School - UPH Medan > Business School > Management
Depositing User: yousi saragih
Date Deposited: 06 Jul 2021 09:02
Last Modified: 14 Jan 2022 08:59
URI: http://repository.uph.edu/id/eprint/40126

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item