The impact of motivation towards employee performance at Aryaduta Hotel Medan

Devi, Devi (2019) The impact of motivation towards employee performance at Aryaduta Hotel Medan. Bachelor thesis, Universitas Pelita Harapan.

[img] Text (Title)
Title.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (750kB)
[img]
Preview
Text (Abstract)
Abstract.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (189kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (ToC)
ToC.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text (Chapter1)
Chapter1.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (707kB) | Preview
[img] Text (Chapter2)
Chapter2.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB)
[img] Text (Chapter3)
Chapter3.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (1MB)
[img] Text (Chapter4)
Chapter4.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (3MB)
[img] Text (Chapter5)
Chapter5.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (317kB)
[img]
Preview
Text (Bibliography)
Bibliography.pdf
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (293kB) | Preview
[img] Text (Appendices)
Appendices.pdf
Restricted to Repository staff only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike.

Download (2MB)

Abstract

The high and low performance of employees can be influenced by several factors, one of those is motivation. HRD of Aryaduta Hotel Medan sees that there are still a number of poor employee performances. The purpose of this research is to find out the impact of motivation towards employee performance at Aryaduta Hotel Medan. Motivation is a psychological drive that directs someone towards a goal. Employee performance is the result of work obtained from carrying out tasks assigned to someone. The writer decided to use quantitative descriptive and correlational research. The research instrument is questionnaires consisting of 27 questions and using the Likert scale. The writer narrowed the population with the number of 152 employees to 60 respondents. The data will be tested through validity test, reliability test, descriptive statistic, normality test, coefficient correlation test, determination test, simple linear regression test and hypothesis test (z-test). The result of coefficient correlation is 0.747 (strong relationship). The result of the determination test is 55.9% which means 55.9% of Employees Performance is impacted by Motivation and the remaining 44.1% is influenced by other variables. The result of the simple linear regression is Y= 9.803 + 0.625 X and the hypothesis Z-test shows that the Zcount value is 5.737 which is greater than Ztable (1.96). Therefore, Ho is rejected and Ha is accepted. The hypothesis showed that Motivation does impact on Employees Performance at Hotel Aryaduta Medan.

Item Type: Thesis (Bachelor)
Creators:
CreatorsNIMEmail
Devi, DeviNIM1501020197s00000015890@student.uph.edu
Contributors:
ContributionContributorsNIDN/NIDKEmail
Thesis advisorSyah Putra, AliNIDN0108128102ali.putra@lecturer.uph.edu
Uncontrolled Keywords: motivation; employee performance; hospitality industry; management
Subjects: H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor
H Social Sciences > HD Industries. Land use. Labor > HD28 Management. Industrial Management
Divisions: University Subject > Current > Faculty/School - UPH Medan > Business School > Management
Current > Faculty/School - UPH Medan > Business School > Management
Depositing User: yousi saragih
Date Deposited: 22 Jun 2021 09:44
Last Modified: 13 Jan 2022 06:43
URI: http://repository.uph.edu/id/eprint/36545

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item